Of course we’d rather you just picked up the phone or even fired off a quick email to Staff One when the need arose to find new staff, however, many companies are advertising directly to the public through the myriad of job boards and digital platforms available in this day and age.
For extra inspiration on the ideal job spec, the team at Headway Capital have been (unusually) generous (considering they work in finance) enough to send us this fantastic infographic to help you on your way. Their advice? An 8 step checklist to making sure your advert is all-encompassing and clear.
- A clear job title
- Short introduction about the day-to-day of the job
- Include essential company details
- Define the work with role responsibilities
- Describe your ideal employee with a person specification
- Reel candidates in with salary and benefits
- Describe and include location details
- Don’t forget to tell job-seekers how to apply
Here’s the full version with tips along the way: